Joining Forces Conference
A joint conference titled, "The Tobacco Control, Research, and Education: Joining Forces to Address New Challenges" was co-hosted by TRDRP, the California Tobacco Control Program (CTCP) and the Tobacco-Use Prevention Education Program (TUPE) in Sacramento on October 27-29, 2015.
Selected presentations from speakers' at the conference and the compendium of abstracts from the poster sessions are now available.
- United States Surgeon General, Vivek H. Murthy, MD: A video message
- Compendium of abstracts
- Conference program guide
- Keynote speaker slide presentations:
- Susan Weiss, PhD, Director, Division of Extramural Research, National Institute on Drug Abuse - Newest Research on the Effects of Nicotine and Other Substances on the Adolescent Brain
- David Williams, PhD, MPH, Professor, Public Health and African and African American Studies, Harvard University - Social Inequalities in Health: The Role of Tobacco Control
- Boris Lushniak, MD, MPH, Retired United States Deputy Surgeon General (2010-2015) - 50 Years in the Tobacco Fight: Progress Made, Journey Ahead
- Eliseo Perez-Stable, MD, Professor, Medicine and Chief of the Division of General Internal Medicine, University of California, San Francisco - National Institute on Minority Health and Health Disparities