- Award mechanisms
- High Impact Pilot Research Award (IP)
- High Impact Research Project Award (IR)
- Community Practice-Based Research Planning Award (CP)
- Cornelius Hopper Diversity Award Supplement (CHDAS)
- Postdoctoral Fellowship Award (FT)
- California STAR Award (SA)
- Mackay California-Pacific Rim Tobacco Policy Scholar Award (MT)
- Special Projects (ST)
- Scientific Conference Award (CX)
- Key Dates and deadlines
- Award processes
- Review process
Special Projects (ST)
Support can be requested for small scientific conferences to assess tobacco's impact on California populations; or to allow tobacco investigators to evaluate, in a timely manner, new and breaking trends in tobacco control or tobacco-related disease research.
All applications must address one or more of our six research priorities.
Maximum award amount: $5,000 (May vary depending on type of project proposed)
Maximum duration: 1 year
Allowable direct costs: $5,000
Indirect costs: May be applicable in certain instances
- In order to qualify for funding, the planned activities must be directly related to one or more of TRDRP's research priorities.
- The activity must primarily take place in California, involve California investigators, and include, where applicable, discussants and speakers funded by TRDRP.
- An online broadcast or archiving of an in-person conference (i.e., webcast or webinar) is eligible for support under this Special Projects (ST) mechanism.
- Proposals may be submitted at any time and should be submitted on proposalCENTRAL.
- Applications for ST Awards will go through a separate review process. The TRDRP Scientific Advisory Committee will make recommendations regarding funding.
- ST grants will be limited in number, scope, cost, and duration.
- Please contact a TRDRP program officer regarding the appropriateness of your proposal prior to submission.